Friday, September 01, 2006

9Marks Article

Now that I've stirred up a hornet's nest about tattoos and earrings, I would like to leave it. We may return to this topic at some point, but for now, please know that I have a 9Marks article up at www.9marks.org. It's on "doing seminary well," and even if you aren't in seminary, I think it will make for interesting reading, because it gives readers a bit of a look into what seminary is actually like. It's not terribly long and I don't think it will cause any revolutions, but you might find it mildly interesting.

I might also say that the current 9marks offerings are impressive: a theologian/pastor's forum on the emerging church, a couple of great pieces by one of my literary heroes, Greg Gilbert, and a couple of reviews of pastor Mark Driscoll's work. If you don't know these names, you should. Take a few moments and scroll around at 9marks.org--they're doing great stuff.

1 Comments:

Blogger Al said...

Okay, I confess, this morning I spent some time reading, online, and read your 9Mark article on seminary life. Pretty good. And while I was there I read Greg's article, or most of it, as I have work to do, even thought it is 'Labor day'. Good article as well.

The teacher at the church I was attending yesterday spent some time affirming a particular point that I think all the building believe, while pointing out the many, even in the church, are desiring to remove that particular spring. Yet, I think he was removing springs as well but not clearly expounding the passage, using it more for a topic discussion, and for not bring our attention to our own personal responsibility to the passage. Yes, we could all say "Amen' to much that he was saying, but he did not say, 'even within the body of people who affirm this doctrine there is much bouncing and jumping that is not affirming that this spring is indeed responsible for much of our bounce.'

Thanks for the note. It let to some good reading.

Now off to the making of 'art' or 'crafts' that are note an expression of 'sinful' self, but an expression, God granting his grace, of a created and redeemed man.

In Christ,
Al

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home