Friday, December 07, 2007

The Week-est Link, Dec. 7

1. The strangest--and most hilarious--commercial I've ever seen. Suffice it to say that after you watch this, you will never hear the words "berries and cream" in the same way. Also, go here to discover more of Starburst's excessively strange commercials.

2. This man takes good pictures. My wife and I randomly met him and he took some incredible shots for us for our holiday picture. If you're a seminarian looking for a good wedding photographer, you might look Jason's way.

3. I just graduated from Southern Seminary in Louisville, KY with an MDiv in Biblical and Theological Studies. When it's up, go to the SBTS website and listen to Dr. Al Mohler's excellent commencement address. He spoke on Samuel's call to ministry and related it to our own modern-day call to ministry. In coming days, I will be writing on my experience at Southern, my time with Dr. Mohler, and my thoughts on seminary in general. I hope you'll find it interesting.

4. The New England Center for Expository Preaching has some openings and is always looking for interns and preachers who are interested in the difficult but extremely meaningful calling of ministry in New England. I recently heard a brother (Reid Monaghan who is planting a church in New Jersey) relate some comments of workers in Northeastern campus ministry. They said that that the character of ministerial "soil" on Northeast campuses is "hard as concrete." That is, it's not just hard grass, it's not just solid dirt, it's concrete. Brothers, are you ambitious for the kingdom? Do you have energy, and intelligence, and gospel zeal? Then think about New England and the secular Northeast. Your road, if you go, will be hard, but your reward will be sweet.

Blessings to all, and look in the coming days for some material on my time at SBTS. I've been wanting to write about Southern, and Dr. Mohler, and other things for some time, and I'm ready to do so.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Joseph Gould said...

Congrats on graduating!

12:31 PM  
Blogger Larry Thompson said...

Congratulations! I know it is hard work; my daughter is just finishing her first year there.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Al said...

I'll add my 'Congratulations!' And also might add that we have found a church, within driving distance that is sound doctrinally. Praise the Lord! So not all of New England is concrete, again, praise the Lord!

May the Lord guide your steps and your heart too.

Al (Not Owen's dad or that other "Al")

3:47 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

congraulations....His blessings on you and your future.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home