Monday, January 29, 2007

A New Idea

I have an idea. It's a little crazy.

How about this: a Reformed university in New England that is devoted to first-rate academic scholarship and gracious orthodoxy.

How does that sound?

Let me know your thoughts. This week, I'll unveil my plan for this school, which as of now exists as but a figment of my own imagination. Included in the vision is a name, a very distinctive name, a name that captures the spirit of historic New England Christianity, one that is borne by one of New England's great lights.

So, until tomorrow, I'll leave it to you to puzzle this through and to figure out the name I have in mind. What is the name I'm thinking of for this Christian school? Leave your guesses in the "Comments" section (click on the little pencil at the bottom of this post). If you read this blog but have never posted a comment, please indulge me, and offer a guess.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jonathan Edwards University

12:53 PM  
Blogger Al said...

Charles Wesley or Finney University???

I was more seriously thinking of Jonathan Edwards, as well.

I would like to see this, Lord willing, to replace what used to be here along time ago and to fill the theological void of the past couple of hundred years.

Al (Not Owen's Dad, and not that "Al".)

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about.... HARVARD? Oh wait, they're now apostate on all counts. Perhaps Mohler University?

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strachan University, after that bold reformer from the hood of Machias?

1:22 AM  
Blogger Danny Slavich said...

I would expect Owen to be more original than using something related to Edwards. My bet is something Cotton Mather-related, with a Lit department named after Anne Bradstreet.

1:27 PM  
Blogger blbartlett said...

Sounds like a good idea, but don't they already have a New England Theological Seminary? They're developing it, at least.

Anyways, I doubt whether Cotton Mather Theological Seminary is tickling your eardrums, so I'd imagine it's The Jonathan Edwards Divinity School.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Some "educated" guesses.

PTS...Pitino Theological Seminary.

STS....Sproul Theological Seminary (but I think NASA has a copyright on the STS thing)

Anything with Edwards (not Carl, though not a putdown) will work.

6:00 AM  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2016-02-18keyun
chanel bags
ugg boots
discount jordans
the north face jackets
nfl jerseys
uggs for women
cheap oakley sunglasses
nfl jerseys wholesale
louis vuitton outlet
tory burch shoes
cheap nfl jerseys
coach outlet
hollister jeans
ralph lauren outlet
cheap tods
fitflop clearance
michael kors outlet
oakley sunglasses
abercrombie & fitch
ugg australia
louis vuitton handbags
ugg boots
mont blanc mountain
coach outlet store
ralph lauren sale
coach outlet
gucci handbgs
coach outlet online
kobe shoes
michael kors outlet sale
coach outlet
abercrombie & fitch
louis vuitton outlet stores
ray ban sunglasses
pandora charms
louis vuitton handbags
michael kors outlet store
ray ban outlet
canada goose outlet
mulberry uk

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home