Friday, June 08, 2007

New England Theological Seminary

I want to encourage you to check out the website of New England Theological Seminary, a church-planting operation based in Vermont's Christ Memorial Church. Located just outside of Burlington, Vermont, the program is led by Pastor Wes Pastor, a Westminster grad. It represents an aggressive effort to sprinkle the barren spiritual soil of New England with gospel-preaching churches. I highly commend the program to you and encourage you to look around at the website.

NETS is an exciting program. Rev. Pastor possesses energy and vision, and he aggressively recruits candidates for the two-year training program here at Southern Seminary in Louisville, KY. The program at this point is small, but I know personally that he has several very well-qulified men in the pipeline to plant churches in New England. I would encourage seminarians and prospective pastors in particular to browse the website and to perhaps consider whether they might be called to join in the difficult but rewarding work of pastoring in a dry and thirsty land. Even if you're not interested in church planting, I would encourage you to visit the church's website and observe via the net the dynamic church that is CMC. I hear from friends that people regularly come to Christ there, and that is quite a feat in my native land.

Have a blessed weekend, everyone. May you eat richly from the Word.

4 Comments:

Blogger blbartlett said...

Hey Owen,

Samantha and I have met with Pastor Wes, and we're strongly considering entering their program when we finish seminary. Thanks for giving it the publicity it deserves!

Ben

1:47 PM  
Blogger Al said...

Owen, I believe Jon and Lara's pastor was from this program, and Bobbi has had an opportunity to visit the church in Vermont. She was very impressed with the service and teaching.

Glad you posted this.

Al

3:13 AM  
Blogger G. F. McDowell said...

Thanks for promoting NETS. I like the fact that their church planting methodology is centered upon the unvarnished gospel of Christ. Until he was able to be a chapel speaker at Covenant in St Louis and RTS in Orlando, his most productive recruiting trips have been to Southern. [Hint, hint, hint...]

9:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the link- looks really interesting! I've been enjoying the posts, and now that I'm settled again I'll try to make a comment every now and then.

By the way...

We just got up to Louisville permanently last week, and a lady I just happened to meet two days ago in the mall told me about NETS when she heard I was about to start at Southern. It's got a good reputation.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home