With a Gun in the Face, How Do You Answer?
- If a gun is pointed at your head, and you are asked whether you love and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, what would you say?
- Your family is hosting a major event on Sunday morning. Do you acquiesce and attend or do you make things awkward and fellowship with your church family?
- Do you make any attempt to feed your soul with truth? Does entertainment altogether drown out any spiritual activity on your part?
- When you look at your pastimes, hobbies, and activities, is there any distinguishable pattern of Christian commitment?
- Do you put off involvement with the church on the grounds that you're too busy right now but will do so one day?
- Who do you surround yourself with? Do you have a number of strong Christian friends who build you up in the faith? Or do you surround yourself with lost people who offer you no spiritual help and do not challenge you to grow as a Christian?
- Would you give up your favorite things for the sake of Christian growth? If necessary, would you cut out football, or a close friendship, or "recreational" shopping, or watching your favorite television show or movie?
- Do you ever, at all, make time to be with God in a devotional sense?
- Does your Christianity ever induce awkward moments? Do you laugh at every dirty joke that is told? Do you stand up for Christ or Christians in a public setting? Would anyone identify you as a Christian?
"My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins." (James 5:19-20)