Thursday, October 04, 2007

John MacArthur in Stretchy Pants

I've been on the road for a few days, but I'm back, and I'm here to give you what you were previously lacking in life: a picture of Dr. John MacArthur, renowned preacher of the Word of God, in what one can only call "stretchy pants" in a post-Nacho Libre world. With this fifth promo ad for the Together for the Gospel conference, I think we can all agree that this basic "lack" now fulfilled, we can all move on with our lives, and pretend as if none of this ever happened.

I just returned from a trip to the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana. I went to check out the school and to host a conference for the religious history scholars there entitled, "What Marsden and Noll Don't Know, and Only a Humble MDiv Student Can Tell You." The conference went very well, thanks, and I'll be publishing the talks in a book later this year. If you believe all this, then you need to look once more at Dr. MacArthur in stretchy pants and give yourself a good shock to wake yourself up.

I understand that my posting has been a bit shoddy this last little while, but everything should improve in days to come. Thanks for sticking with Consumed, and I'm looking forward to sharing some great material I've compiled in days to come. And no, none of it involves spandex.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger blbartlett said...

Hey Owen,

Aren't tight pants sorta the norm for football players? Sometimes you brilliant people make me nervous. :-)

Thanks for the picture!

Ben

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home