Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Week-est Link, August 16, 2008: The Death of Death

1. Have you read J. I. Packer's classic introduction to John Owen's The Death of Death in the Death of Christ? If not, you should. It's illuminating and expanding. (HT: Monergism)

2. The Southern Seminary fall chapel calendar is up. Note the Darrell Bock Gheens Lectures in early November. (HT: Blake White)

3. Interesting Mark Driscoll video on the Bible's use of harsh language. This is a tough issue, particularly on matters of personal application.

4. McCain and Obama are at Saddleback Church, the church that Rick Warren pastors, for a discussion of issues of faith and humanitarian concern. The New York Times has noticed.

--Have a refreshing weekend, all.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I came across your blog when I was researching on homemaking topics. I enjoyed reading the posts. I would also like to share with you the fact that I came across a very interesting site called www.homemakersalmanac.com or www.grihast.com. It seems to be a very ambitious compendium of all homemaking topics and deals with a variety of subjects that would be of immense interest to the homemaker. Do visit the site and read the articles. They are very informative. Registration is FREE. So do not hesitate to register. You will definitely enjoy yourself

9:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Its one of my favorite post. Thanks for sharing informative information.
bed bug bite

6:53 AM  
Anonymous embrodery machines said...

Site has been added to my RSS feed for later browsing.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous road bike shoes said...

Most interesting and informative post I have ever seen so I bookmared the post my browser for future visit.
road bike shoes
http://www.triathlonshoes.org
[ road bike shoes ] [ diadora cycling shoes ] [ northwave shoes ] [ lake cycling shoes ] [ discount cycling shoes ]

3:29 AM  
Anonymous marathon training schedule said...

Nice! Now I know what to do, thank you! And as this information is educational so this site has been added to my RSS feed for later browsing. To know more about
marathon training visit: marathontrainingschedule.net
[ running workouts ]

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home