Thursday, August 02, 2007

Back in the Saddle (or, the Desk Chair)

Hello to the consumed contingent, all 21 of you. I'm back from a great vacation in Oregon, my first encounter with that marvelous state. Oregon has to be one of the healthiest places in the world. The air is crisp and light, cyclists seemingly outnumber car drivers, and being "green" is one of the highest compliments you can pay a peer. I particularly enjoyed the ocean (we went to Cannon Beach), the Nike stores (they stuck their capitalist claws into me long, long ago), and the time spent with Bethany's family. It is a rich blessing to be a part of such a happy, healthy, God-centered family.

In my absence, Matt Crawford did a terrific job. I hope you enjoyed his posts. I was personally rather chagrined by them, as he put my own writing to shame. However, I have worked through such feelings and can now project only goodwill and thanks in his direction. Matt is a great guy and a very sharp thinker and writer, as you now can tell.

I'm just getting back into the swing of things, and my mind is still fuzzy from a full day of travel yesterday, but I want to point you to a commentary on the recent tragedy in Minneapolis. My employer, Dr. Albert Mohler, has written a moving and insightful piece on the collapse of the Minneapolis bridge. As we pray for the people involved in this tragedy, and ask God to work through this for the glory of His name, I encourage you to read this article and allow it to inform your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for reading and sticking with consumed. Things should really pick up next week. Summer rolls on, a new school year approaches, and the blogging continues.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oregon is great. But it rains a lot.
Welcome back to your saddle and the ride of your life. (A little hyperbole never hurt anyone)...

12:46 PM  
Blogger Al said...

Glad to see you back, and I did enjoy Matt's posts, but this is your blog, so I for one am not going to vote for a different writter all of time.

May the Lord be with you.

Al (Not Owen's dad or that other "Al".

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home